Date: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 at 12 PM CT (1 PM ET)
Title: Improve Referrals & Enrollment: Utilizing EMR and AEMR Technology Strategies and Workflow
Speakers: M. Leann Dickson, RN-BC, MSEd, CCRP and Karen Craig, MA
The webcast will provide an overview of how leveraging technology through the electronic medical record (EMR) and ambulatory electronic medical record (AEMR) can increase referrals, enrollment and track data associated with both. How to identify gaps with managing order sets, referrals and challenges with the electronic process. Highlight examples of three EMR systems used in healthcare and discuss the referral process from patient discharge to enrollment into cardiac rehabilitation. Provide information on efficient ways to building the referral into the discharge order sets, send referrals to multiple locations, and automatic physician signatures on all NPP referrals. It will also show how to manage data and reports from referrals to enrollment of patients to enhance delivery of care.
1. Identify gaps with the current referral process and how to get to a desired process for enrollment in cardiac rehabilitation.
2. Identify options to create Cardiac Rehabilitation order sets in in-patient and ambulatory electronic medical records.
3. To provide examples of three cardiac rehabilitation EMR order sets for Epic, Cerner, and All Scripts and how they are used to improve referrals and enrollment.
4. How to utilize EMR data to drive change and track patient referrals and enrollment related to cardiac rehabilitation.
All individuals who have the ability to control or influence the content of an educational activity have disclosed all relevant relationships within the past 12 months with any commercial interest. Relevant relationships are relationships with a commercial interest if the products and services of the commercial interest are related to the content of the educational activity.
Education Committee Chair:
Ginny Dow, RN, BSN, BC, CCRP Nothing to Disclose
M. Leann Dickson, RN-BC, MSEd, CCRP Nothing to Disclose
Karen Craig, MA Nothing to Disclose
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) and American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AACVPR CE: this course has been approved by the AACVPR Professional Education Committee for a total of 1.0 AACVPR Continuing Education Credits.
Nurse CE: Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 1.0 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Add the following disclaimer to the bottom of all live webcast webpages, and to the bottom of the product description in the Learning Center: ACSM approved providership of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization’s products/services.
ACSM Approval Statement:
- Add the following disclaimer to the bottom of all live webcast webpages, and to the bottom of the product description in the Learning Center: The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2019 – December 2022). Approved Providers and their content reflect the concepts of their respective organizations and do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of ACSM. Providership # 852797.
Accessing CE Credits:
Successful completion is required in order to claim CE including 100% score on the knowledge assessment and completion of the course evaluation. All knowledge assessments and course evaluations are included in the Webcast Recording product. Instructions will be sent following the live webcast on how to access the Webcast Recording and take the knowledge assessment and course evaluation.
Please note that additional CE requests must identify the paid registrant with whom they are watching the Webcast. Additional CE will be available to purchase following the Live Event.